Jeremy Camp Continues To Inspire Fans To Worship
|Thursday, October 07, 2010 || |
It has been over a month since the release of Jeremy Camp's worship album, We Cry Out: The Worship Project. Camp's sixth studio project debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard Christian chart (and has remained in the Top 5 since street week) and No. 15 on Billboard Top 200 (his highest Top 200 debut). Check out below to see what has been going on with Jeremy Camp, the worship project, and his upcoming tour that starts tomorrow.
• "The Worship Tour" begins tomorrow night in Nashville, TN at Allen Arena at Lipscomb University. This concert is a free event for the area and specially titled "Jeremy Camp's Come Celebrate Nashville." Honoring Nashville, the show will be benefiting two local organizations: Second Harvest Food Bank and Warm Coats from Warm Hearts. Concert attendees are encouraged to bring canned goods and/or winter coats. For tickets and more information on "The Worship Tour," visit http://jeremycamp.com/content/tour
• The tour is also featuring local church leaders' exclusive Q&A sessions. These sessions, "Conversations from the Red Chair" presented by Integrity Live, will be an open conversation with Jeremy Camp, Carlos Whittaker, and John Mark McMillan to encourage and fellowship with Pastors, Youth leaders, Worship leaders and their teams. These pre-show events are FREE & to a limited number of tickets at each date. Registration and dates are available at this site: http://jeremycamp.com/conversations/
• From the start, this album has nabbed the attention of the media saying it is "a good worship experience for every lover of Christian music," "a truly corporate experience," and an "inspiring offering." Camp has been featured with outlets around the release of this album: CCM Magazine, GMCLife online, CNN's Belief Blog, CBN Music, The Worship Community, NewReleaseTuesday, HearitFirst, Real Rhapsody and the Denver Post.
• Billboard magazine also featured Jeremy and his project in the September 11th issue in the "Happening Now" section.
• Today, The Tennessean features Jeremy Camp on the front page of the Life section. The article describes Camp's songs as "delivered in the style of the starry-eyed arena rock of U2 --with a hint of grunge muscle in Camp's bellowing vocals and meaty guitar crunch." Click here for the online version of the story.
• Camp also appeared on Nashville media Fox 17 TN Mornings (Monday, October 4th) as well as on NBC's Better Nashville (Tuesday, October 5th) to talk about his project and the Nashville show.
• The debut single, "Jesus Saves" continues to impact listeners across the country. It is currently #1 on AC Indicator (2 weeks straight) and Inspo (4 weeks straight), and it is in the Top 5 at CHR (#2), AC Monitored (#4) and National Christian Audience Chart (#4).
• To see the impact this song is having on fans, check out this video with KLOVE radio. Fans share what Jesus has saved them from in their lives.
Additional information on Jeremy Camp available at http://www.jeremycamp.com or at Twitter http://www.twitter.com/jeremycamp.
News provided by